Monday, January 21, 2008

Some Random Ideas

  1. Every time I read Wise Blood I'm amazed at how unified the story is. There are other amazing things about it, but the unity is my favorite. I love how, in the beginning, Haze imagines Jesus slinking among trees, and then later he feels his heart beating "like a little ape clutching the bars of its cage," and then toward the end Enoch loses his mind, dresses in a gorilla suit, and runs out into the woods. It makes my brain throw sparks.
  2. My novel is at 14,982 words now. I only did 500 words yesterday, but I guess I won't consider it a failure since I wasn't driven to it until later in the day.
  3. I don't know if it was school starting or what, but all of a sudden I have too many ideas again, I'm interested in too many things, I want to do too much. It's hard to pick a direction.

No comments: