I've been digesting. And I'm almost done.
Some updates, though:
- Forty-eight days into the pescetarian thing I'm still going strong. Sure, I've had a few blips, like that first week when we visited a spice store owned by some acquaintances and they needed someone to try their barbecue beef. I did it, and it was good. Then I had the accidental meatball at a party. I also wound up eating meat in soup two times at restaurants. And then we went to a physics function and Michele mistakenly scooped up some meat in a bean dish on the table. I ate it for her. So, five slips in forty-eight days. And I haven't really craved meat like I thought I would. And, even though I didn't do this for health reasons, I'm down to 217 pounds. That's 28 pounds lighter than I was in August.
- I interviewed at Rose State College on Friday. I'll be teaching there in the Spring in addition to my sections at OCCC. Probably just Comp, but maybe Comp II as well. That would be new and fun.
- We've been invited to a Halloween party, so today we bought our costumes. I'm not going to say what they are--I'll leave that to Michele, because she's really excited about them--but think Terry Pratchett.
- I like teaching Logic more every day. I might not get too many more chances to teach it, as there are a few people at OCCC who want to but couldn't this semester, but I love taking a tough subject and making people understand it. I get more epiphanies in a week of Logic than I do in a semester of Comp.
- The temperature is still in the 90s here.
You are Malcolm Reynolds (Captain)
|Honest and a defender of the innocent.|
You sometimes make mistakes in judgment
but you are generally good and
would protect your crew from harm.
Click here to take the Serenity Personality Quiz
You are Jack O'Neill
|You are a born leader.|
You are often cynical.
You are loyal to the end
but you are no brainiac.
Click here to take the StarGate SG-1 Personality Test
There was another I saw about political alignment here, but I can't get the graphics to work. Let's just say I make Gandhi look like Hitler. And the farthest person away from me on the graph? Dubya. I'm way down in the anarcho-syndicalist bottom-left corner.
Anyway--I'll have more of substance to say soon. I just needed to send up a flare, because my brother says my five minutes are up.