Monday, March 10, 2008

More Videos for Your Consumption

Just a few more, since I haven't done this in a week or so:

Tyketto - "Forever Young"
This is what Journey might have sounded like if Journey had been men instead of--whatever they were. Wait--Journey's still touring? Without Steve Perry? Can't wait to miss it.

Robert Randolph and the Family Band - "Ain't Nothin' Wrong with That"
Sly turned me on to these guys a while back. This song's a lot of fun.

Fishbone - "Sunless Saturday"
And I haven't thought of these guys in years. Great band almost nobody ever heard of. Much better than the better-known Living Colour*. Probably not a fair association, since about all they have in common is skin color, but that's the only way these guys came up back in 1991.

Living Colour - "Type"
Not their most popular song, but one I like better than "Cult of Personality"--if only because it hasn't had the hell played out of it for twenty years. Listen to that groove. Damn, that's a solid rhythm section.

*I wrote this and then watched the "Type" Video. On further review, I think it's an unnecessary comparison. I forgot how good LC really was. I like them both a lot. How's that?

No comments: