Friday, December 29, 2006

Some Brief Thoughts on Three Dead Guys

We all know that celebrities die in threes, and the current crop is no different. First Peter Boyle, and then the quick one-two of James Brown and Gerald Ford. Frankenstein's monster, The Godfather of Soul, and the Accidental President.


Clearly, these guys had seen better days. But when I was contemplating these three as a group, it struck me: If you take equal parts "Superbad" and "OhshitI'mfallingoutofAirForceOne," like so:

. . . You wind up with Boyle's "Puttin' on the Ritz" dance routine from Young Frankenstein.

Yes, it's true. I've been gone for three weeks and this is what I come back with. Seems a little morbid, and maybe mean, but it's all in good fun. I'll really miss these three. Boyle was awesome in Young Frankenstein and Johnny Dangerously. James Brown put the nasty in funk, and Gerald Ford . . . well, he sure did exist, didn't he? And he wasn't Dubya.

No comments: