Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I'm a Scary German Guy!

I haven't posted in a while, and I have a lot to say, so there may be two or three entries tonight. I don't have too much free time anymore, so the blog has been suffering. Sorry. Not that I think anyone is losing sleep over not reading what's on my mind on a regular basis.


First things first: I took another quiz. Sometimes they appeal to me, and the results amuse me. This one has obvious appeal:

You scored as Friedrich Nietzsche. Well you're an egotistical maniac, and you are so very iconoclastic that you probably are currently lost in a post-modern Jupiter, I mean jungle of self-definition.

Don't let it get you down though, someday, through a willful onslaught of reinterpretation of dated forms and ideas, you will strike on something that passes as remotely new, and people WILL be into it on the basis of how hip it is alone. Also, the average espresso drinker looks up to you.

Friedrich Nietzsche

83%

Miyamoto Musashi

67%

Elvis Presley

50%

Jesus Christ

50%

Dante Alighieri

42%

Charles Manson

42%

O.J. Simpson

33%

Mother Teresa

25%

Adolf Hitler

17%

C.G. Jung

17%

Stephen Hawking

17%

Steven Morrissey

17%

Hugh Hefner

8%

Sigmund Freud

8%

What Pseudo Historical Figure Best Suits You?
created with QuizFarm.com

That picture makes it look like he's eating a badger. Seriously, that mustache could double as a hay bale.

I like the idea of being compared to Neitzsche, though. Who wouldn't want to be seen as a deranged, syphillitic genius? Thus Spake Zarathustra was a great read, and I have The Birth of Tragedy waiting for me when I get around to philosophy again.

Also, I share a birthday with Dante Alighieri. Not the same year, mind you . . .

Now I need to find out who the hell Miyamoto Musashi is.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Miyamoto, sure. He and I both go way back...his wife Miriyamagotu enjoy vacationing with Family, playing chess, and the occasional mimosa with a shot of 100 proof moonshine...ya know the kind Uncle Jessie used to make. Those two are a hoot. In addition to writing, he enjoys editing user manuals for vacuum machines...I'm sorry...I got nothing here. I have no idea who the hell Miyamoto is. Sorry

Baritonality said...

Don't forget about George Lucas, he is on par with Dante AND shares a birthday with you... Oh yeah and so do I.

Anonymous said...

Miyamoto Musashi - Famed Japanese swordsman (shogun type - you've seen the movie right ;-)

Shigaru Miyamoto (aka Shigi)- Japanese creator of Mario, Donkey Kong and Legend of Zelda, among others.

Which one would you like to be like?